Man Boob Problems Leading Men to Breast Reduction Surgery
Everyone knows what “man boobs” are, and most men are ashamed of them. Man boobs are sometimes made fun of on television or in movies. In short, it is not something pleasant to deal with, which is one reason many men are opting for cosmetic surgery to fix the issue.
Are Man Boobs a Real Problem?
At the moment, there are more men than ever with some form of man boob, which is actually called gynecomastia. Some men think all they have to do is exercise to fix this issue or wear specific clothes. These beliefs and the fear of surgery are some of the reasons men avoid the procedure. The truth is that special clothes will not solve the issue and, while the condition could be aided by exercise, it does not mean it will be eliminated completely.
Why Does Gynecomastia Happen?
There are actually several possible reasons why this might start happening to a teenager or man. Sometimes, it could be due to a hormonal imbalance, which could start at puberty. It should be noted that the use of drugs could exasperate the issue for teenagers going through puberty and adults. This does include steroids, which is a drug that many men use. Other men deal with this issue because of weight gain.
Developing gynecomastia does not mean that men have to live with their man boobs for the rest of their lives. It might not seem plausible to those who are not dealing with this problem, but it is an emotionally and psychologically damaging condition that needs to be dealt with as soon as possible.
The problem is many guys who are dealing with this problem have trouble opening up about it and actually talking to an expert. It is hard for a regular guy to confront his man boobs. Knowing that men now account for 40 percent of all breast reduction surgeries might make some men feel more comfortable.
Tips to Prevent Man Boobs
As mentioned before, there are a number of reasons why a man or teenager would get man boobs, which can be prevented in the following ways:
- Puberty: Of course, teenagers are going to deal with this problem since they are going through puberty. One of the best things that could be done for teenagers is to make sure they are eating a balanced diet that includes dark leafy greens and fish just as examples. The key is to stay on top of ingredients like iron and fatty acids.
- Steroids: Bodybuilders and athletes are at risk of developing this condition if they take steroids. This is why it is recommended that these individuals seek help whenever they feel pressured to risk their health on these drugs.
- Pseudo-Gynecomastia: Weight gain is another common reason for gynecomastia, but it is not necessarily caused by hormonal imbalances. The truth is that it is the buildup of fat under the breasts that ends up enlarging them. This means the breast tissue has not grown but rather pushed out. Staying fit means eating better and sticking to exercise, which could be as easy as tai-chi or yoga.
It should be noted that men can also deal with some of the following due to gynecomastia:
- Nipples are visibly puffy
- Full breast sizes like C or even D-cups
- Some men may notice nipple leakage
There is no doubt that this issue has to be addressed as it is affecting many men when it does not have to. Plastic surgery is one of the most sensible solutions and one that could make the problem disappear in a manner of a few moments.