She Runs Over to Her Mom Screaming Out of Pain…A Few Minutes Later Her Fingers Swelled Up and Turned Black
A girl named Kiley Cook in Granbury, Texas recently gave her mother a real scare. Kiley was at the playground with her friends on a beautiful day. Suddenly, the girl came running over to her mother. The girl wailed about something biting her hand when she was reaching down to the ground. Few minutes later her fingers swelled up and turned black for a few days.
It turns out the girl was bitten by a copperhead snake! A copperhead snake is one of the few venomous snakes in America, and its bite is powerful enough to kill an adult under the right circumstances.
RELATED ARTICLE: Healthy Way to Prevent Mosquito Bites
Kiley was quickly flown from the school playground to Cook Children’s hospital. Here, she was treated for the snake bite. Thanks to the diligence of the doctors, Kiley turned out okay. Now, she is back to the life of a normal girl. Hopefully, she will be more careful about where she puts her hand in the future!
About 17 to 25 people are bit by copperhead snakes each year. A handful of the bites are fatal. You can keep a snake bite from happening to you by remaining watchful when you are outside near brush, rocks, and other places where snakes can hide. Also, if you are bit, make sure you get help quickly. Ultimately, that is what saved Kiley.