Baby Boy Got Second Degree Burns After His Mom Did THIS

 

Baby Boy Got Second Degree Burns After His Mom Did THIS

Every parent’s nightmare came true for Arizona resident Dominique Woodger one day when she was filling a child’s pool for her baby boy. When she turned on the hose to begin to fill the pool, water accidentally sprayed onto the nine-month-old child. When the baby began to cry, she thought that he was only crying because he did not like being sprayed with the hose. Upon closer inspection, she saw that the boy was covered in burns.

Baby Boy Got Second Degree Burns After His Mom Did THIS

Advertisement:

 

Ms. Woodger was shocked to learn that her son has sustained second degree burns over 30 percent of his body. The temperature had climbed to 115 degrees that day, and the hose was left in the sun. Unfortunately the water could have reached temperatures of 150 degrees when it hit the young boy. A firefighter interviewed about the incident confirmed that these temperatures can cause a second degree burn. The Burn Foundation reports that hot water can even cause a third degree burn on human skin in as little as 1 second.

Luckily, the boy will fully recover from his injuries. His mother took him to the local hospital, where healthcare professionals at the burn center dressed his injuries. Ms. Woodger hopes to educate the people of Arizona of the danger of garden hoses left in the sun.

RELATED ARTICLE: Cool Your Burn With This Homemade Sunburn Relief!

Parents should always touch the hose to see how hot it is, then allow the water to run through the hose until it has cooled down. Parents should also keep any children away from the hose until the hot water has vacated the hose. This is imperative when connecting hoses to a child’s sprinkler. Additionally, it is important to supervise children outdoors to make sure they do not try to turn on the hose by themselves.

In this video from ABC 15 Arizona, we see the heartbreaking images of the baby boy’s burns and learn more about the factors that turned a simple garden hose into a dangerous burn hazard.

Petmd.com  Cliniciansbrief.com  Dailymail.co.uk

 
  Disclaimer: All content on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual situation. Use of this website and the information contained herein does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Always consult with your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.