See How Eating Lychee Can Affect Your Body!
Lychee is a little-known super fruit that has a number of amazing health benefits. The soft, pulpy fruit, which comes from the soapberry family, is usually pink or white in color. They store well, with dried fruits lasting up to a year if properly stored, but the greatest health benefits come from eating the fruit raw. Interested in finding out what this amazing fruit can do for you? Check out these ten benefits.
1. Lychee boosts the immune system. 100 grams of the fruit, or around a serving, contains about 119% of an adult’s daily vitamin C needs. It strengthens the immune system against a number of common infections, making it easier to get through cold and flu season still healthy.
2. Ever worried about keeping your bowels moving regularly? Because it is high in dietary fiber, lychee will keep you regular and comfortable.
3. Lychee is good for your hair and skin. Because it is high in antioxidants, it will help keep toxins flushed out of your body, keeping your hair and skin looking their best.
4. Lychee can decrease the risk of cancer. This is also due to its antioxidant properties.
5. Lychee may reduce your risk of contracting the flu. Research suggests that lychee is packed full of oligonol, which has anti-viral properties that make it a flu-fighting powerhouse.
6. Lychee can lower your blood pressure and decrease your risk of heart disease. This is once again due to its antioxidant properties.
RELATED ARTICLE: Home Remedies For Treating Low Blood Pressure
7. Lychee is low in calories, making it a great choice for individuals who are watching their caloric intake. One serving of lychee contains only around 66 calories.
8. The high level of dietary fiber found in lychee can also lead to weight loss. It’s not a miracle weight loss tool, but between its low calorie count and the dietary fiber contained within the fruit, it displays a number of properties that make it a great diet food. It will also reduce bloating and leave you feeling full longer- all wonderful properties when you’re trying to fit into your skinny jeans.
9. Lychee will also increase your energy levels. Because this little fruit is high in B vitamins, it will provide you with a natural source of energy that will help you get off to a great start and maintain your momentum throughout the day.
RELATED ARTICLE: 10 Ways to Increase Energy
10. Looking for anti-aging benefits from your fruit? If so, Lychee is the perfect choice for you. The antioxidants contained within the fruit aren’t a magical elixir of youth, but regular consumption will keep you looking young longer.
Lychee can be prepared in a number of ways. It is wonderful eaten alone, blended into a smoothie, or used as a topping for yogurt or ice cream. In addition, powdered lychee is known to contain many of the properties of the fresh fruit, making it one of the latest supplements to take the market by storm. The fruit doesn’t work miracles, but it certainly provides a number of nutritional benefits that make it worth adding lychee into your diet.