5 Top Weight Loss Strategies
5 Top Weight Loss Strategies
A new diet arrives, another fades away. But the main goal is to lose weight. The person who wants to lose weight does not want to wait any longer. He/she wants to cut the extra weight forever. While losing weight takes focus and dedication, it’s important to remember that losing weight isn’t really a start-and-end process. In addition when you’re trying to shed pounds, it’s important to steer clear of the quick fixes and focus instead on healthy weight-loss strategies. It’s not always easy to decide which diet tips you should follow, though, so we’ve rounded up common weight-loss techniques you should avoid. This article discusses the 5 top strategies to follow to get rid of extra weight.
There are many common reasons for gaining extra weight. People generally have several habits that cause weight gain:
- Our environment doesn’t support healthy lifestyle habits; in fact, it encourages obesity.
- Physical inactiveness is another leading cause; one example for this is that many people spend hours in front of TVs and computers doing work, schoolwork, and leisure activities.
- Genetics and family history are other important factors why weight increases.
- Certain medicines may cause you to gain weight, including antidepressants, and seizure medicines.
- Smoking, age, pregnancy, and lack of sleep are also important factors that increase weight.
Weight loss is the main concern of many people, but it’s easy to maintain your weight if you can maintain these easy but important 5 strategies your entire life.
RELATED ARTICLE: 29 Weight Loss Tips That Actually Work from Women Who have Lost Over 100 Pounds!
- Eat breakfast like a king: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Eating a healthy breakfast can reduce hunger throughout the day, and help people make better food choices at other meals. What this means is that you should eat your larger meals earlier in the day. For example, eat your first meal like a king. This gives your body a chance to burn those calories that you just ate throughout the day. While it might seem you could save calories by skipping breakfast, this is not an effective strategy.
- Try to avoid late night snacks: You should finish eating three hours before bedtime. Your metabolism slows down when you sleep, and your body shifts from fat burning to fat storage. Eating earlier will help you keep your weight in control.
- Timely sleeping is also important: Getting too little sleep can have all kinds of negative consequences, including making you cranky and impairing you’re driving. Increasing evidence suggests, as well, that lack of sleep might also make you fat.
- Eat slow and steady: It takes time for the brain to realize that you are no longer hungry. If you devour your food quickly, the brain fails to register the consumption and you can be certain that you will eat more than your body actually requires to feel full. Science has been able to verify that by eating slower, you’ll eat less, and that will help you lose more weight. A growing number of studies confirm that just by eating slower, you’ll consume fewer calories – in fact, enough to lose 20 pounds a year without doing anything different or eating anything different.
- Be dedicated to the goal: If you want to lose weight, you need to be dedicated to your goal. If you believe you can change your habits and routines, you will. It sounds oversimplified, but that’s the conclusion of a recent study that analyzed data on the diet, exercise, and personality types of over 7,000 people. Set a tangible goal with a firm deadline—for example, schedule an ‘after’ photoshoot. It will help you stay motivated. Those who believed they have the ability to change their lives through their own actions tended to eat healthier, exercise more, smoke less, and avoid binge drinking.
RELATED ARTICLE: Be Fit At 50! Here’s Her Step-By-Step Inspiring Weight Loss Story
Though many people are in the diet and weight-loss craze, the population as a whole is still considered overweight. This may be due to many factors, such as lack of nutrition in food and having a slothful lifestyle. Also, as people pursue other interests, such as careers and family life, they ignore keeping themselves healthy and fit. To maintain health and life span, one must exercise, eat moderately, and eat foods that have nutritional value. If one follows this plan, one can successfully lose weight and be healthy.
Evie Coles is the guest contributor of this article and she always try her best to provide the well-researched and informative articles for her reader. While writing this article, she found PhentermineClinics.com a reliable source of the clinics that offering phentermine. Find her on Facebook and Google+