He Sprinkled Salt on Wax Paper, then Grabbed an Iron. The Results are Amazing!
Salt has been regarded as a purifying substance in many cultures. However, this particular video addresses several unusual applications for common table salt that can clean your home and your appliances.
- Have you ever been ironing and found something sticky clinging to the metal? An iron-safe surface, a sheet of wax paper, and a liberal application of salt will “de-gunk” your iron.
- Ever drop an egg and groan at the mess? Salt is a wonderful coagulant that will suck up smashed eggs better and swifter than any paper towel.
- Salt can be used to smother dangerous grease fires and can restore pans burnt from inattention on the eye of a stove when mixed with water. You can even use salt water (at a ratio of 1 salt:4 water) as a cleaning soak for the sponge made dirty from scrubbing a burnt pan.
- Turpentine and salt make for a great at-home alternative to name-brand bathroom surface cleaners, just make sure to use gloves and ventilate the area.
- An even mixture of salt and baking soda, followed by an equivalent amount of white vinegar produces a drain-clearing reaction. Flush with boiling water after 15 minutes.