4 Workout & Diet Programs that will Help You Get a Leaner Body
Many people think that working out is rocket science, but in reality, it is easier than it seems. Like all things, the hardest part is getting started, but once you manage to include it into your daily routine, it becomes a breeze. If you are just about to start working out, or you want to maximize your program to get a sculpted, skinny body, this article is for you. Here are four workout & diet programs that will help you get a leaner body.
Featured Image Source: Pixabay
Shin Ohtake’s Max Workout
Kicking off this article is Shin Ohtake’s Max Workout, an exercising and dieting regime designed to burn off fat in a timely fashion through a series of highly intense workout routines. Designed by Shin Ohtake, a world renown former athlete who was schooled by one of the best conditioning and strength coaches in the world, this workout program will deliver for people who are looking to lose weight and build muscle mass at the same time.
The program itself is focused on two separate types of workouts:
- Circuit Training Workouts – This includes back-to-back exercises involving the body weight and free weights.
- Cardio, High-Intensity Interval Training – This entails constantly switching between low and high-intensity intervals. Their duration can vary between 30 and 60 seconds each. These are fully customizable, as you can choose whichever exercise suits you best.
Shin Otake’s workout program has a novel structure that will help you achieve the body you want in a timely fashion. It is built in such a way that, once you reach your daily goals, your body will continue to burn calories for up to 24 hours after the exercises have been performed and completed.
Shin Otake’s workout program includes three other, equally effective routines meant to help you accomplish some specific objectives. Here is what you need to know about them:
- Muscle Recovery Program – Like the name suggests, this one emphasizes the importance of muscle recovery time and how you can accomplish this phase effectively. This program helps people decrease the risk of injuries from over-training.
- The Lean Body Diet – This includes guides and other useful information that details what foods you should be eating in order to kickstart the body’s fat burning capacity. Essentially, it will tell you to avoid any kind of processed foods. Moreover, it comes with a list of foods that should be avoided in order to maximize the program’s results.
- The 4-Week Bodyweight Workout Program – This part teaches you how to customize the workout program around your need, long term goals, and physical limits. For instance, you can opt for a regular workout schedule that does not take into account any interruptions, or one that accommodates trips. Even though these workouts are quite intense, you will not need any specialized equipment.
Upper/Lower Split Training
This program is ideal if you aim for a leaner body, but you do not have much fitness experience. This setup is structured in a two on/ one off schedule as to allow people to train each muscle group twice per week. The upper/ lower split training has several advantages for beginners. First, it is structured in such a way that it allows for enough rest time, making workout less stressful for rookies. Secondly, it can be easily intensified by increasing the number of sets and the exercise selection. Third, it allows people to add isolated exercises.
The 5 X 5 Program
The 5 X 5 program is quite popular among fitness enthusiasts who want to maximize their workout efforts in the hopes of obtaining and maintain a lean body. The set-up itself is simple to follow. Essentially, you have to perform three main exercises that focus the main muscle groups in the body in the same workout (namely, the upper and lower body muscle), via five sets with five repetitions. Once you finish with a workout, you can add a few extra sets of isolated exercises if need be.
By performing it regularly, this program will increase your stamina levels and gradually build your body’s exercising tolerance. However, this type of training comes with both advantages and disadvantages, so make sure to research it thoroughly before beginning your workout.
The FST-7 Training Program
Unlike the 5 x 5 exercising program, this one does not lay out a specific structure in terms of what exercises you need to perform in a session or how to divide the body. Mainly, this program is a guideline as to what you should be doing to each body part after it has been worked out. More specifically, this training program helps the body maintains its structural integrity by providing protection and increasing its resistance to intense workouts.
But the ultimate goal of this workout program is to help you achieve a lean body. For this purpose, the set-up requires you to perform seven sets of 15 reps for the last exercise that you will do for each particular muscle group. Make sure to keep the rest periods between the sets short, at about 30 seconds.
Merely working out is one thing but doing it right and obtaining the desired results is a whole other animal. Once the weight loss starts kicking in, you should focus on ‘’sculpting’’ your body. And these workout regimes are perfect if you want to obtain a lean body. The FSTT 7 will help you gain a higher tolerance level to exercising, the 5 x 5 is ideal for working as many muscle groups as possible in a single week, while Shin Ohtake’s program will push your body to its physical limits. Regardless of which routine you choose, the important thing is to be persistent, and you will get the desired effects sooner rather than later.