Which Banana Is Best For Your Health?
Bananas are one of the most well-known fruits in the world and they are rich in vitamins and minerals. Aside from being a delicious food to eat, bananas are also high in iron, and help in cases of anemia by stimulating the production of hemoglobin in the blood. Bananas are also exceptionally high in potassium yet low in salt, thus making it the perfect food to combat high blood pressure and lower the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke. It is rich in vitamin C and fiber which helps fight the formation of free radicals known to cause colorectal cancer.
Bananas are also known to make people calm down, enhance their temperaments and make people feel more contented. They also possess health and beauty benefits like skin and facial care and many other cosmetic purposes.
There are so many issues that bananas are good for, but which banana variety is the best for our health? Let’s compare:
1. Baby or Nino Banana – The baby or Nino banana is also known as the ladyfinger banana. It is one of the sweetest banana varieties and, like all bananas, is packed with nutrients. It provides an excellent supply of vitamin B6, which is good for the heart, plus fiber and potassium.
2. Manzano – This is also known as the apple banana, with the tart apple taste. Manzano bananas are low in sodium and fat, is cholesterol-free and supply a sufficient amount of fiber, potassium and vitamin C good for protection from free radicals, known to reduce swelling and aids in weight loss
3. Burro – This is also called chunky banana and it has a sweet-and-sour taste. It offers a tremendous supply of potassium, vitamin C and vitamin B-6. This banana strengthens the nervous system and helps with the production of white blood cells.
4. Plantain – Plantain is a kind of banana that is usually served cooked. It is starchy, not sweet, so it’s a good replacement for potatoes or rice, if they are not available. Plantains contain vitamin A, vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, Vitamin B6 and adequate levels of minerals such as iron, potassium, magnesium and phosphorous for good memory.
5. Red – Red is the most delicious of the banana varieties; it has a sweet taste and a creamy texture. Endowed with abundant supply of potassium, vitamin B-6 and vitamin C, this banana is cholesterol-free, low in fat and sodium and provides an excellent source of fiber for enhanced metabolism.
So far, all varieties of bananas seem to show the same richness in similar nutrients. It is highly recommended that we find some ways to often include bananas of any type in our diet, in order to improve our health and overall well-being.